This is my prayer and mandate from the Lord--to be "all in" my life every single day. I want to experience the abundant, full life that God intended for all of us. My deepest desire is to participate in this life not just submit to the daily pressures. I want to efficiently experience the creation going on around me in every given moment. To do this, I must be be led by the One who gracefully gives me these moments, hours, days, weeks and years. This blog's function will be to prove that unbroken communion with God will most certainly result in being "all-in" your life. So if you would like to join me...get your proverbial hip-waders on and let's get "all in" Him!








Thursday, October 14, 2010

     God has placed in my heart a short blog series regarding what it means to dig deep, push through and attain unattainable “in our own strength” goals recently. Remember…To be “All-in” something is to have the courage to go beyond yourself and to be completely submersed in it. The same holds true (actually it is even more the case) for our great God. You will be compelled to do things you never thought possible and reach places in your life that you never dreamed. Jesus said, “The things which are impossible with men are possible with God” (Luke 18:27).




Die Trying

     Recently, as I was thinking about those things in my life that hold me back—fear of failure, fear of man and just plain old intimidation--- the words “die trying” were laid on my heart. The questions began to pour out from heaven…”What if you attempt those things that I have put into your heart and you fail? What if you get up and try them again and people judge you? What if you stand up to speak the things I have given you and the words do not come out the way they are in your head? What if you don’t succeed? What if? What if? What if?” Then, the peace which only He can give filled up my heart and I heard Him say...”What if no matter the outcome you continue to try? Remember Jeremiah 29:11? Plans to prosper you …and to do you no harm! So I ask again, “What’s the “harm” in trying?” What if at the end of your walk here on earth you were still trying (with many successes and a few failures under your belt)? You had died trying! “

     Sweep away the negative from your thoughts and understand this world is where the purpose He put you here for is to be fulfilled and the only true mistake that will be made is if you never try! If you excuse yourself due to fear, if you excuse yourself according to what you define success is versus what He knows it is---then you excuse yourself from the game altogether. You then take a solely spectator role in your own life! Don’t live a life full of fear and miss out on the participation! Keep trying! Keep reaching! Trust Him to be there for you at every point. I promise you as you extend your self beyond the comfortable, beyond the flesh; you will meet Him to a degree you have not yet known.

1 comment:

  1. "Fear of Failure will Forfeit your Future" has been a continual reminder to not allow my many fears to paralyze me! . . . I love your encouraging and challenging words!!

    I once started a list of "What ifs". What if I really loved the Lord, my God, with all my heart, mind, soul, and strength?! What if I loved my neighbor as myself?! What if I really trusted God with everything about my life?! What if I really . . ?! . . . WHEW!!

    Keep on writing, speaking, declaring, posting, etc., my precious friend! I'm listening!

    ReplyDelete