This is my prayer and mandate from the Lord--to be "all in" my life every single day. I want to experience the abundant, full life that God intended for all of us. My deepest desire is to participate in this life not just submit to the daily pressures. I want to efficiently experience the creation going on around me in every given moment. To do this, I must be be led by the One who gracefully gives me these moments, hours, days, weeks and years. This blog's function will be to prove that unbroken communion with God will most certainly result in being "all-in" your life. So if you would like to join me...get your proverbial hip-waders on and let's get "all in" Him!








Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Let me preface this post with a Scripture, “As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another.” (Proverbs 27:17) I have a dear friend, who I trust completely, comment on my blog this weekend. She said it was good but basically fluff. Her first statement was, “I think it is superficial.” Ouch. The next was, “You have much more (depth) in you.” Whew! She believes in writing this blog that I may have diluted it to suit the audience. And to be honest, in my life it would seem that I have played to the crowd on more than one occasion. Therefore, I would have to agree. I am allowing my friend’s council to “sharpen me.” So, what you're about to read is straight from my morning time with Him. Yes it is from Him. I hear from God. It’s not in an audible way but in the still small voice that He uses to speak to us all. Remember, to be all-in takes a vulnerability and constant evaluation of just how surrendered you really are…


Recently, the Lord has been dealing with me regarding assumption and justification. Without further ado, here is what He said:

“You are almost 40 and assume you have 40 more!! I’m not saying that you do not---just that you do not know! That alone should help you see! This is all training for you! Even now as you write this before 6am on a Saturday (supposed sleep-in morning) here comes Lane (my middle son)!! It is ALL purposeful and counts for your training! In the last 11 weeks you have chosen complacency…turning days into weeks and weeks into months. Tricia I have created you for more! And the “more” I speak of is swirling around you right now! To look to the future is ok---to glance at it and to expect my promises. They will come! But to know my unending love and to get everyday’s design from me is where I want you to be without worrying about the outcome. This moves you from “Kadesh-Barnea” (the peripheral of Canaan-Deut1:12). You must stop assuming your time of assignment on the earth and justifying your reasons for residing on the fringe of the Promised Land. Stop justifying why you cannot move or looking at the circumstances as a barometer of what the future holds! I alone know! I alone know! I alone! I am! In looking ahead---staring ahead—glazing over into the future you are being stolen from with the gifts that are already at your feet!! Use my promises as praise, not the circumstances as a predictor! Tricia, my sweet love, gather up your senses. Gather up the resources that I have given you. Gather up your abilities---your determination---your friendships---your loves---gather it all up and let it work THIS day! Stop saving it for another day! Stay here in my presence (being all-in). When I give you a short burst of information-- write!! Write consistently as I give, listen to the answer, be cautious, set your flesh down and lift up your spirit for I AM.”

I don’t know if you assume the way I do, but my prayer for us both is to live in this day. Since you are alive and are here in this space and time…enjoy it. Enjoy those around you. I love the quote from William Purkey:

"Dance like no one is watching, love like you'll never be hurt, sing like no one is listening, and live like it's heaven on earth."



Have a blessed day,
Tricia

4 comments:

  1. I guess this friend knows you much better than me because I thought the other posts were good, not at all fluffy. But, maybe it is fluffy for you...and I have to say, if that is true, I can't wait to know you more. I treasure you in my life. What you posted today echoes in my heart. God has recently spoken some of these same things to me. Thank you for laying it out! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I didn't think your posts could get any better - but this one blows me away. I am so proud of you for this blog, and I am happy that you get to share your unique message with the masses! I love you so.

    Tara

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE IT!! I feel like you just shared a steak w/us and it's going to be awhile to finish chewing it!! It inspires me to want to "gather my resources, friends, etc. and do what I love." Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this Tricia...this is more of the "depth" that is in you:) You and God hanging out.. having your daily conversations. He is truly your audience ... we just get the benefit and the joy of listening in. I adore you and believe big things for you. Love to you my friend :)
    Leah Ann :)

    ReplyDelete